What to bring with you to an Osteopathy treatment
What to bring to your Osteopathy treatment
In order to get the most out of your treatment, it is a good idea:
- to bring a list of current medications and copies of any relevant X-Rays and MRI scans
- to wear comfortable, loose clothing
- to be aware that you may need to undress briefly in order to view joints
- to make me aware, in advance, of any special needs you might have (e.g. wheelchair access)
- to make me aware of any ongoing care from other practitioners
- to discuss any concerns, or state any specific expectations with me over the telephone before your treatment
You may bring a close friend or relative with you. You will be given a consent form prior to any
What to Expect
Most problems will see an improvement, or indeed be resolved within three visits (dependent on how chronic the problem is).
First Visit – a one hour consultation/examination, plus a short treatment.
Follow up visits – approximately 3/4 hour consultation, entailing a discussion of progress, re-examination, plus advice on exercise, posture and lifestyle changes. If required, further treatment will take place.
Copyright Lynne Aitken 2019